Tuesday, July 26, 2011

GOOD MORNING!

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every monring; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

I had a rough start to my morning. I woke up exhausted and achy. Once again, sleep had eluded me during the night. The warm temperature in our bedroom didn't help. Neither did the orchestra of snoring that my husband and my Daschund were creating together. To make matters worse, my mind was racing over all that I had failed to accomplish during the day. The topper was that my back hurt from feeble attempts at yard work.
None of that matters in the whole scheme of things. I can say that because, once again, I am reminded of this amazing truth...God's steadfast love and mercy are new EVERY morning. It doesn't matter how I feel, or what I have done, or what I have planned for the day. He is consistently loving me and pouring out His grace and mercy upon me and my loved ones.
Oh, how I wish I could be more like Him! Instead, I hold grudges. I withhold forgiveness. I add another layer to the wall erected between me and a loved one. I ponder the hurts and injustices. I replay the words spoken thoughtlessly. I pull away into my self-built protective shell, not willing to risk further injury. How I cheat myself! How I cheat others!
If only my love and mercy could be new every morning! I want to be eager to put the past behind me and jump into a new day of opportunities to love extravagantly. I know that I cannot accomplish this on my own strength. The only one who can help me to begin a fresh start each day is the one who offers me this daily gift. God, help me be a channel of Your steadfast love, mercy, and faithfulness to all I encounter today.
"Always new. Always exciting. Always full of promise. The mornings of our lives, each a personal daily miracle!"   ~ Gloria Gaither
       

No comments:

Post a Comment