Friday, July 22, 2011

I STAND AMAZED

I love to begin my day outdoors, enveloped in nature, soaking in every morsel my senses can handle. I love to end my day the same way, taking in the last sights of daylight as my little corner of the world becomes blanketed by the darkening skies. From the beach to the mountains, I love all of it. Each sunset, each trickling stream, each wildflower, I see as a personal gift from a loving and all-powerful God. God's creation never ceases to amaze me!

I STAND AMAZED
I stand amazed at the setting of the sun
The darkening skies as the stars light one by one
The pounding surf and the trees call out your praise
In all I see, I am awed, I stand amazed.

I stand amazed at the way you healed my soul
I was so lost, but you came and made me whole
You touched my life with your love and with your grace
And looking back, I am humbled and amazed.

I stand amazed when I think of your great love
With outstretched arms you reached down from up above
You set me free, turned my heartache into praise
With all my being, I rejoice, I stand amazed.

"Does not all nature around me praise God? If I were silent, I should be an exception to the universe. Does not the thunder praise Him as it rolls like drums in the march of the God of armies? Do not the mountains praise Him when the woods upon their summits wave in adoration? Does not the lightning write His name in letters of fire? Has not the whole earth a voice? And shall I, can I, silent be?"  ~C.H. Spurgeon

It's time for my walk!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment