MY LIFE MOTTOS
1. Treat others the way you want to be treated ~ it’s that simple.
2. Choose kindness...ALWAYS.
3. Smile at people ~ it may brighten their day, and you will feel better.
4. Take time to listen. You may learn something, and you will bless the person speaking.
5. Don’t judge...unless you want to be judged. Plus, you may be in their shoes one day.
6. Look for the best in everyone and focus on that, not the flaws.
7. Practice forgiveness, knowing that you need it more than the other guy.
8. "Leave everything better than you found it." Jump at the chance to exercise your servant’s heart.
9. For every negative word or thought, try to come up with at least 5 positives.
10. Be thoughtful ~ ask, who can I bless today?
11. Remain prayerful ~ staying connected to the Source is the ONLY way any of these will happen.
12. Try to see others through God’s eyes. Get His perspective. Remember that His lenses are made of love.
13. Do the hard stuff ~ just do it.
14. Lavish your spouse with love and affection. Be creative.
15. Be the first to say I am sorry. It gets easier with time.
16. Encourage and nurture the learning process, in yourself and in others. Be a student of life.
17. Be open to new experiences, as long as they don’t compromise who you are.
18. Keep your eyes on the prize ~ don’t let distractions take you off course.
19. Build up; don’t tear down. Shower others with compliments.
20. Don’t settle for mediocrity. Life is too short.
21. Invest in people, not stuff.
22. Keep positive and joyful thoughts in your mind~ attitude really is everything.
23. Always be prepared ~ life is an adventure and preparation frees you to enjoy the ride.
24. Be honest ~ it’s too much work keeping track of lies.
25. Take good care of yourself, and remember to always be yourself...there’s only one YOU, and only you can be the best YOU.
26. Be thankful ~ even on the rough days, life IS good.
27. Don’t be consumed by worry~it accomplishes nothing and it’s bad for you.
28. If you are too busy to enjoy life and your loved ones, you are too busy. Make the changes to lighten your load.
29. Take proper care of all that’s entrusted to you. You are less likely to take it for granted.
30. Nurture your passion. Give it your time and attention, and share it with others. It’s a gift to enjoy and pass on.
31. Don’t allow misplaced guilt or shame to weigh you down. Let them go. Learn and move on.
32. Keep dreaming, and don’t be afraid to dream big. Even if it doesn’t come to fruition, you’ll have fun along the way.
33. Have a good laugh regularly. It really is the best medicine.
34. Don’t spend what you don’t have. Otherwise, the things you "own" will own you.
35. Avoid speaking in anger. Count to ten, leave the room, whatever it takes. You can’t take it back once it’s spoken.
36. Keep your promises. If you say yes to something, follow through. Don’t make promises or commitments you cannot or will not keep.
37. Simplify. Pare down on your possessions. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. The more you have, the more you are bound by what you have.
38. Be generous~with your money, possessions, time, energy, and encouraging words. Keep an open hand that’s always ready to bless others.
39. Face your fears and anxieties. It’s the only way you will conquer them.
40. Look for the good in every bad circumstance. It may be well hidden, but it’s there. Find it.
41. Don’t live in the "whens"...when I get that job, when I graduate, when I am a certain age, when I retire...enjoy each day for what it is~a gift. Who knows how many you will be given?
42. Be flexible. Don’t insist on having your way. Be open to change. Life is full of surprises for us to enjoy.