Monday, August 1, 2011

A BALANCED LIFE

Since the first time I met her, I wanted to be just like this woman. Everything about her impresses me. She possesses qualities that seem to place her a cut above her contemporaries. This is not your typical everyday woman! Her value as a wife, mom, entrepeneur, and member of society is immeasurable. If you haven't met her, let me introduce you...
"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life....She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks...She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hand to the needy....She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 'Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.' "        ~Proverbs 31
If you read the entire chapter about this woman, it reveals even more about her work ethic and talents. Wow...sometimes I get tired just thinking about her! But I believe she does exist. Her qualities are attainable. I think it needs to be said that she isn't perfect...just very godly.  She's not afraid of hard work. She puts others' needs above her own pleasures. But the main reason she is able to live such an exemplary life is because she has the right focus and priorities, and she has balance in her life.
For me to grow more like this woman, I need to remember this.  "Don't put your all your eggs in one basket." I have received this counsel numerous times. It is my nature to pour myself into one aspect of my life ~ my husband, my family, my writing, or my home. When I do this, I get out of balance. My focus gets too narrowed. My priorities get out of wack.
This week, I am going to be studying this legendary woman. I will share what I learn along the way. It begins with my own personal challenge to stayed balanced in my day to day life, with the right focus, and my priorities in order. "She always faces tomorrow with a smile." (Proverbs 31, The Message) Now, that's the kind of woman I want to be!     


                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment