Sunday, August 28, 2011

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

You are such a better person healed than you would be if you had always been well.
~Paraphrased, from Beth Moore

Recently, I heard Beth share this message, and boy, do I love it! These words are so healing and comforting to me. If I had a nickel for every time I wondered why something happened to me or a loved one, I'd be rich! But the wisdom in this message is a gift and a healing balm for all the "whys", "what-ifs", and "if onlys". I may not know or understand any of the reasons, but I do know the One who sees and knows all. He lovingly allows some things into our lives, and He shields us from others. Why? Because He knows the final outcome. He knows the painful experiences are what will produce the final product. If we will only cooperate and trust Him, we will come forth as gold, of far greater value to the world than we would be without walking through the hard times.

"But it hurts!" Believe me, I know. I have been there multiple times. I also know that the other side of the pain can usher us into a rich and spacious place where everything takes on new life and meaning. And here's another thing for those whose levels of suffering are so severe...I am noticing that the stronger the pain, the greater the glory coming out of it. It seems that those who have travelled through deeply painful experiences are the ones who have the most to offer.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been directed to the passage in the book of Joel that paraphrased says, I will restore to you the years that have been stolen from you. I love this! It tells me that, no matter what I or a loved one has gone through, it is God's strong intent to not only heal those inner wounds, but to restore and give back all that was taken away from us.

Is this not the best news for a hurting world? There is no pain, no trauma, no injury that God isn't dying to grab hold of, use, and turn around ~ to deliver us and to make us better than before. I love what Joel Osteen says about this topic, "God will never waste anything that you go through...God will never waste the pain. He will always use it to your advantage...God wants to restore everything that has been stolen from you...God is saying the best is yet to come!"

"That's why we can be sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good."  ~Romans 8:28, The Message

"Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours."  ~Isaiah 61:7      

No comments:

Post a Comment