Thursday, August 25, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

"Your life is a gift from the Creator. Your gift back to the Creator is what you do with your life." ~Billy Mills

Today my son turns twenty-three. It feels like only a couple of years ago that I saw his face and held him in my arms for the very first time. Without a doubt, his birth was one of my best days here on earth. My heart has never been the same. He occupies it and enlarges it in ways that make my life fuller and richer.
My memories of him growing up are endless. What comes to mind most often are the qualities I still see in him today: his contagious laughter, his encouraging spirit, and his generous nature. But what stands out to me the most is what I saw in him the moment he was born; God's signature is written all over my son. And I know that God delights in him even more than I do.
My son has grown into a strong, honorable man of God. At twenty-three, he has not only figured out his passion, he is making his dream a reality. He works hard for what he achieves, but he knows how to find balance and enjoy life. He is a man of conviction; he knows what he believes and thinks, and isn't swayed by what people say.
What impresses me most about him is his heart. Some days it seems larger than life. No life and no creature seems too small or insignificant for his thought or concern.
Today I celebrate my son. You are such a remarkable man, and I am honored to be your mom. Happy birthday, Daniel. I know God has amazing plans for you and your life! "I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"A birthday is the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!"  ~Author Unknown

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that people who have the most live the longest." ~Reverend Larry Lorenzoni   

No comments:

Post a Comment