Monday, August 8, 2011

A LIFE WELL LIVED

"Her children respect and bless her; her husband joins in with words of praise: 'Many women have done wonderful things, but you've outclassed them all!' Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God. Give her everything she deserves! Festoon her life with praises!" ~Proverbs 31

"You reap what you sow." This woman is reaping the rewards of a life so well-lived. Her priorities have been in order. She has kept balance in her life. The tone she has set for her household is loving, accepting, and affirming. She has taught her family well the importance and the blessing of hard work. She daily models kindness, generosity, self-control, and a heart for God. She's always looking for a way to bless and build up her husband and kids.
No wonder they sing her praises! She has earned every ounce of respect and admiration poured upon her by her entire household. I am sure there were days when her diligence met with gripes and complaints. But she saw the bigger picture and persevered, knowing the pay off she would see in the end.
I, on the other hand, fall so short of my role model. I get caught up in the moment...I can be fickle in my priorities...I am wishy washy in my temperament. I can be lazy, self-absorbed, shortsighted, easily discouraged. As a wife and mom, I can only hope that the good days outweigh the bad, and that the positive lessons taught outshine my poor example. And I can pray that my grown children will far exceed my accomplishments as they build families of their own.

"We shape our dwellings, and afterwards our dwellings shape us." ~Winston Churchill

"Write it down, when I am perished:
Here is everything I've cherished;
That these walls should glow with beauty
Spurred my lagging soul to duty;
That there should be gladness here
Kept me toiling, year by year...
Every thought and every act
Were to keep this home intact."
~Edgar A. Guest

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Julie,
    I think I've known you long enough to say: You ARE the example of a Proverbs 31 woman!

    Thanks for sharing your insights with us! We have so much to learn from you!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete