Tuesday, August 9, 2011

MORSELS OR MOUNTAINTOP FEAST?

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him."  ~1 Corinthians 2:9

When I choose my way instead of God's way ~ when I take a path I know is not pleasing or honoring Him ~ when I give in to my own desires of the flesh instead of seeking His desire for me, I put up a roadblock between myself and God's blessing. I am not saying that God is a killjoy, shaking His head in disapproval, wanting to deny me good things. Instead, I think it is a natural consequence of not taking the higher road. You can't expect to reach the mountaintop if you insist on staying on the low roads.
I don't think we have a clue of all that awaits us if we do things His way and follow His directives. Our vision is fixed on the things we see with our limited and skewed vision, and boy, do they look good to us! If only we could see that these "good" things we desire and go after are like crumbs on the ground. Instead of settling for the crumbs, we could be partaking of the feast at the banquet God has for us.
While it is tempting to be content with the crumbs and the self-pleasing morsels, I think I would rather do things God's way and move on to the feast He has waiting for me. The road to get there may be longer, and I will probably be tempted to veer off course. But I think that once I get to that place of complete surrender and just go with His plans, I will be asking myself what took me so long. Crumbs on the floor or a feast on God's mountaintop? I am heading for the feast. I hope to see you there.

"We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it as clearly as God sees us, knowing Him directly just as He knows us! But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love." ~1 Corinthians 13:12, 13  The Message

"How does one become a butterfly?...You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar." ~Trina Paulus        

No comments:

Post a Comment