Thursday, August 25, 2011

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

"In everything give thanks..." ~1 Thessalonians 5:18

Today, I am overflowing with thankfulness. Maybe it's because today is my son's birthday. My granddaughter's pending arrival helps, too! All I know is that my spirit is flooded with joy and my heart is bursting with gratitude. Everywhere I look, I see so many blessings. I have a loving husband who can still take my breath away after twenty-five years of marriage. I have a beautiful, healthy, growing family, and everyone's lives are so rich. I have a cozy, comfortable home that I love to occupy. I have the gift of good health, something I have learned to never take for granted.
Those are some of the bigger and more obvious blessings. But there are so many more that come to my mind. How thankful I am that I can see the faces of loved ones, and the beauty of nature. I can hear laughter, and the sounds of the birds chirping in my yard. I can smell my coffee brewing, and the sweet fragrance of the roses that grace my table. I can taste the cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on my toast. I can feel my dog snuggled up to me as he snores contentedly.
May I go on? My kitchen has appliances that work, and food that could last us weeks ~ thank you! The closets in our home are small, but crammed with enough garments to clothe dozens of people. Our cars do what they are designed to do ~ get us from point A to point B ~ with the added benefits of air conditioning and music to make the ride more enjoyable. Boredom has no place in our home; all of us are blessed with work and hobbies. Our pets are daily doses of unconditional love and acceptance. Warm and comfortable beds await all of us at the end of each day.
Everywhere I look, I am bombarded with the realization that I have so much to be grateful for. Today, I am going to turn off the negative thoughts and put my full attention on our countless blessings. We are rich beyond measure. Life is so good!

"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say 'thank you'?"  ~William A. Ward

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."  ~Cynthia Ozick

"Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel."  ~Author Unknown           

No comments:

Post a Comment