Monday, August 15, 2011

YOU WON'T REGRET IT

"Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that." ~Ephesians 5:1,2  The Message

Everything pales in comparison to one truth in my life. The good, the bad, and the ugly cannot hold a candle to this underlying fact....no blessing or curse can outmeasure it. It's the heartbeat of my life, the reason I get up in the morning with a smile on my face. It's what allows me to go to bed each night in peace. No worry, fear, threat, illness, injury, loss, or rejection can come between me and this one foundational truth.
I love God. Let me say it again; I LOVE GOD. A little louder this time: I LOVE GOD. Even more amazing to me is this: God loves me. That's right; GOD LOVES ME. I want to shout it from the rooftop. GOD LOVES ME. Are you grasping what I am saying here? Nothing comes close to this experience...NOTHING...NOTHING.
Here's another truth, whether you know it or not. Some of you may know it, but you aren't really experiencing it or living it. Are you ready? God loves you. It doesn't matter what you've done. GOD LOVES YOU. Nothing can change this truth. You can run and hide from it, but it's still true. GOD LOVES YOU.
Ponder that for a minute...an hour...even a day. The One who created the entire Universe ~ all-powerful, all-knowing, ever-present God loves YOU. How can this not change everything? I get shivers just thinking about it. For me, it doesn't get any better than this...except knowing it, knowing Him, and loving Him back.
Go ahead, I dare you. You heard right, I DARE YOU. A little louder? I DARE YOU!  Meditate on His love for you. Drink it in. Experience it. Let it consume you. Offer it back to Him. You won't regret it. Did you get that? YOU WON'T REGRET IT. One more time? YOU WON'T REGRET IT! There...I feel so much better; don't you?

"The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved ~ loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." ~Victor Hugo

"For finally, we are as we love. It is love that measures our stature." ~William Sloane Coffin 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment