Friday, October 28, 2011

BE STILL

"Be still and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."
~Psalm 46:10, New Living Testament
"Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything."
~same verse, The Message

Lord, the stillness, the quiet, the inability to do much has me in this place of seeking You. I can keep myself busy on this couch, still "doing" what I can. But this morning, I sense a higher calling of letting go of all I think I should be accomplishing, and just seek You. I see Lord that the more I have of You residing in me, the less I am bogged down by the cares of this world. As I set myself aside and welcome Your Spirit in, Your presence puts everything into perspective. My worries become opportunites to trust and wait on You expectantly. My burdens began to transform into hidden blessings. My anxieties and fears are replaced by a peaceful calm. My regrets fall away, no longer able to pull be down. My loneliness vanishes, for I realize I am really not alone.

This quiet helps me tune into You, my closest and constant companion. It's no longer about me running to You with my list of requests and demands. Instead, it's a two way conversation, where I want to sit and listen with an open heart and mind.

It is altogether too wonderful that You are here with me, being everything I need ~ my friend, my healer, my counselor, my strength, my comforter, my great physician, my encourager, my hope, my lifeline. Thank you for this quiet time out of life...on this couch...seeking You...and finding You in refreshing, new ways.

"Peace is not the absence of affliction, but the presence of God."
~Author Unknown

"Before me, even as behind,
God is, and all is well."
~John Greenleaf Whittier  

No comments:

Post a Comment