Friday, October 7, 2011

LOVE STORY, PART ELEVEN

"When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good. We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!"
~1 Corinthians 13:11-12

I get it ~ it's time for me to leave my self-absorbed, me-focused life behind. It's time for me to grow up into a woman who walks in step with God day by day, minute by minute...letting his priorities and agendas become mine. It's time to stop investing myself in things that hold no eternal value, and let God step in and take his rightful place in my life. It's time to put to death my strivings to be or do things apart from God, and give myself over to his Agape love.

It's funny ~ I can't see what awaits me, but I know that the closer I get to my Agape residence, the clearer my vision will become. Just like it says, "We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist." That is exactly how I feel.

But it goes on to say that "it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright!" As I keep stepping out in faith, holding fast to God, I know that the fog and the mist...the confusion and uncertainty...will evaporate into thin air. Imagine ~ "we'll see it all then...knowing him directly!"

Is there any piece of real estate that can match that offer? Only what you find when you travel Agape Lane. My agent holds the key. He is guiding me through the fog and mist, and one of these days, it's all going to clear away. He's going to unlock the door and usher me in with a hearty welcome.

Some believe that all roads lead to home. But only one leads to our Agape residence.

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice that which we are for what we could become."
~Charles DuBois   

No comments:

Post a Comment