Thursday, October 6, 2011

LOVE STORY, PART TEN

"Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled." 
~ 1 Corinthians 13:8-10

Let's face it. Our time here on earth is fleeting. Life as we know it is a temporary condition. The sooner I can embrace this fact, the sooner I can begin to make my time here count for eternity. Honestly, most of what occupies my time and energy will have no real eternal value when I pass away. That said, why do I spin my wheels, acting as though my daily routine is what matters most?

I have heard it said that the only thing we can take with us when we die is what we have given away to others. When the heart of the gift is Agape love, I believe this is true. "Love never dies." Everything else we invest in for our own personal gain becomes meaningless when we die. Not Agape love. It ushers us into eternal life, and it lingers among those we leave behind.

We cannot lose when we invest in Agape love. No economy, stock market, or man-made commodity can touch it. As long as we continue to invest ourselves, Agape love continues to grow and multiply. Before we know it, we are rich beyond measure. Maybe not rich by earthly standards. No..this is better ~ it lasts for all eternity.

I think we can only grasp so much of this truth while we walk this earth. But there will come a day when we see it more clearly than anything we now see with our physical eyes. We'll see all of the "whys". We will see the way God has stayed right beside us, orchestrating our lives, using our difficult circumstances ~ even our bad choices ~ to help us find our way to our Agape residence.

How silly I feel for all of the times I feared and dreaded death. When my day comes, I am quite sure that I will look back and ask what I was so afraid of. Afterall, I will be seeing AGAPE face to face. What can compare to that?

"Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end."
~Author Unknown


 

No comments:

Post a Comment