Sunday, October 9, 2011

LOVE STORY, PART TWELVE

"But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love."
1 Corinthians 13: 13

Whether you are a bystander or you've taken your own steps onto Agape Lane, I hope that sharing my baby steps with you has blessed and inspired you. You know, this isn't about me ~ not even in the slightest bit. This is about God, our source of Agape love, and all that he wants to do in and through us. All we have to do is say yes and take that step of faith.

Just like the chapter sums up, our challenge is to "trust steadily in God" regardless of our circumstances...even when the thick fog and mist closes in around us. We are exhorted to "hope unswervingly", keeping our focus and direction firmly planted on God as we wait for the sun to break through. Lastly and most importantly, we are called to "love extravagantly". Agape love, the only kind we cannot manufacture on our own, is our deepest and most life-changing purpose.

I've made my decision. Sure, there will be times when I stumble or get off course. But I've made up my mind ~ I want this treasure, this priceless residence on Agape Lane. Why do I keep referring to it as a road...a lane...a path? Because I don't think we really arrive while we are here on earth. We journey along its trail, but our real welcome home will be in our eternal residence. Then why bother while we are here? Why not just get the most we can from this earthly life? Because the investments we make on this journey will go with us into the next life, and the people we leave behind will reap the benefits of a rich inheritance...Agape love.

When I see God face to face, I want to know him so well that I recognize him right away. I want to run into his arms and hear him say, "Well done, my child!" AGAPE LOVE. Why wouldn't I grab hold of it? In the end, it's all that counts.

"While God waits for His temple to be built of love, men bring stones."
~Rabindranath Tagore    

No comments:

Post a Comment