Friday, April 27, 2012

LESSONS LEARNED

"I think we all wish we could erase some dark times in our lives. But all of life's experiences, bad and good, make you who you are. Erasing any of life's experiences would be a great mistake."
~Luis Miguel

Have you ever thought to yourself, "If I could do THIS over again, I'd do it so differently"? THIS can be anything. Sometimes, we replace THIS with THESE. "If I could re-live THESE moments, I would make better choices." Hind-sight can be brutal because we can't go back and rework it. And the "should-haves" haunt us.

I have my share of THESE in my own life story. Some are small and insignificant ~ I wouldn't waste my money again on that pair of pants...I wouldn't eat the extra serving of dessert that sabotaged my diet...I wouldn't have gone to bed angry over such a silly disagreement. You get the picture.

Others are big...and life-changing. I would have continued my education...I would have budgeted better and saved more for retirement...I would have kept in touch with people I let slip away.

I can't turn back the clock to get a re-do. You can't either. But we can see each experience as a life lesson and LEARN. None of us lives each day perfectly. We all make choices we later regret. What separates us is that some ruminate in their regrets and allow them to steal the present, and even corrupt the future. Others grab hold of the lessons, forgive their own mistakes, and move on with a positive attitude. We can make today better. We can glean from the mistakes of yesterday. We can have a bright tomorrow.

It's a beautiful new day. Who knows? Maybe today I'll get it a little more right that I did yesterday. Maybe I'll say the right thing...use my time and resources wisely...make choices that feel good at the end of the day. If not, there's always tomorrow.

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."
~Mary Pickford

"It is what it is, and it was what it was. Don't fret the could-haves because if it should-have, it would-have." 
~Author Unknown

"Live life with no regrets. Laugh at the confusion. Smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."
~Author Unknown

"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course."
~Psalm 119:33 The Message

        

No comments:

Post a Comment