Friday, April 6, 2012

WEIGHT LOSS SYSTEM

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
~Matthew 11:28-30

There have been seasons in my life when I was so consumed by my circumstances and the emotions they triggered, I had little to give to others. Though I was walking with God, I was still holding onto my burdens. I didn't know how to release them into His care. I had the Strongest of Strongs walking in step with me, offering to carry my heavy load for me. Yet I held on tightly, not knowing how to let go. I was yoked to my problems.

What are you carrying around today? What burden is weighing heavily upon you? Do you want to pass it on to God and let Him carry it for you? He's right there, ready and willing. Ask Him. Just like me, He will show you how to set it into His all-powerful hands...and leave it there.

I was amazed how much lighter I felt when I finally released it into His care. My circumstances didn't change right away, but they no longer felt like a weight pressing in all around me. I was able to once again look around and see the beauty in each day. I was freed up to think about other people for a change and reach out to them. And I couldn't help but ask myself what took me so long!

I can't unlock the secret for you. Only God can show you how to cast every worry, fear, problem, and weight into His care. I can only encourage you to begin today. Begin by consciously giving it all to Him. Breathe in the freedom. Focus on the beauty around you. Begin the process of relinquish and trust. It's the best weight-loss system there is...and it's free.

"God will never, never, never let us down if we have faith and put our trust in Him. He will always look after us. So we must cleave to Jesus. Our whole life must be woven into Jesus."
Mother Teresa

    

No comments:

Post a Comment