Tuesday, June 12, 2012

ADVERBS AND PROVERBS ~ OPENLY

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
~Maria Robinson

"Now what do I do?" The house was all too quiet. For the past few years, Mondays have included three teenage boys tackling their independent studies at my dining room table. Not this Monday. Their high school years have come to an end, and all I have to show for it is a stack of their books and supplies waiting to be picked up. As I dusted the empty bookcase that housed their school work, I couldn't help but feel a sense of loss. My day ahead felt much like that piece of furniture ~ too empty ~ waiting to be filled.

The subtle changes in my home reminded me that another chapter in my life has ended. But there's another one, just waiting to be written. What will it look like? Who will the main characters be? Will it be filled with tears, laughter, suspense? Will it read like a classic...a mystery...a comedy? I don't know. I'm just the co-author. How reassuring it is to know that the true Author of my life already has the storyline in front of Him. Nothing takes Him by surprise. No stretches of writer's block leave Him stumped, wondering if the story will come together. I'm just a willing participant, waiting to see what direction we will take together.

I don't want to focus on the loss today. I want to dwell on the possibilities. I want to open my heart and mind and my daily life to what God has planned for the next chapter. Expect the unexpected. Embrace the unknown. And trust God for that happy ending.

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."
~Jim Rohn

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
~Alexander Graham Bell

"It's incredible to realize that what we do each day has meaning in the big picture of God's plan."
~Bill Hybels

"The one supreme business of life is to find God's plan for your life and live it."
~E. Stanley Jones

  

No comments:

Post a Comment