Tuesday, June 19, 2012

THE BUSINESS OF LIVING

"It doesn't matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go."
~Bob Proctor

I sat alone in our living room, allowing the peace and quiet to envelop me. I'd been wrestling all day with a nagging stirring. In the past, this feeling has led to some serious life changes. The drone of the dryer humming in the background was the perfect accompaniment for the emotions that churned inside of me. Nervousness...about what it meant and where it would lead. Excitement...thinking of the possibilities. Even a little sadness...ending a chapter to begin a new one is usually bittersweet.

So I pause...and seek direction...and listen. I don't know where my stirrings will lead me. But I know the One who has it all mapped out. He knows the best paths for me to take. What's more, he goes before me, clearing the way, trailblazing so I can see which way to go.

One thing is for sure ~ if I want to follow His lead, I have to step out of the comfort zone of my living room.  Trading comfort for the unknown doesn't come easily for me. And there's no place on earth I love more that my own home. But I have to ask myself ~ what good is a living room if it keeps me from actually living the life marked out for me?

It's time to step out in faith and open myself up to whatever this new chapter holds. A new job? Perhaps. I won't know until I get there. Yes, it's time to step out of my living room and go about the business...and pleasure...of living.

How about you? Are you in a season of change? Let me encourage you today to embrace the unknown...and be open to change. Author Dodinsky says, "Change may come to you in trinkets and I hope it adorns your life gracefully." This is my prayer for all of us. 

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." ~Anatole France

"Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights." ~Pauline R. Kezer

"Our only security lies in our ability to change." ~Author Unknown

"Change always comes bearing gifts." ~Price Pritchett

"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies." 
~Ann Landers

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive." 
~Howard Thurman
           
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track." ~Proverbs 3:5,6 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment