Thursday, December 6, 2012

CONFESSION

"Few things accelerate the peace process as much as humbly admitting our own wrongdoing and asking forgiveness."
~Lee Strobel

For every time I have prayed, "Thy will be done," yet clung to my own will ~ Father, forgive me.

For every part of me that is still not conformed to You because I don't want to relinquish it ~ forgive me.

For every thought and action that is not in line with the truth about who You are, and the way I misrepresent you in the process ~ forgive me.

For being content to view people and circumstances through my own distorted perception instead of running to You for revelation ~ forgive me.

For clinging to my plans, priorities, and people instead of bowing to Your sovereign plans and purposes ~ forgive me.

For worrying about what others think instead of what You think ~ forgive me.
   
For running to the world for answers, affirmation, and affection when You tell me to come to Your throne of grace ~ Father forgive me.

For having one foot planted in worldliness and another in Your Kingdom, and unfaithfully trying to dance with two partners at once ~ forgive me.

For letting comfort trump courage, and putting pleasure above perserverance ~ forgive me.

For caring about feeding my body more than feeding my soul, and for overlooking the hunger in others ~ forgive me.

For words that say one thing and a walk that says another ~ forgive me.

For the abundance I have and the little I give ~ forgive me.

Wash me, that I will be clean and renewed. Fill me, that my life will be an outpouring of Your Spirit. Use me, that my life may glorify You. You are everything I need. All I am I give to You.

"The voice of sin is loud, but the voice of forgiveness is louder."
~D. L. Moody

"Peace comes when there is no cloud between us and God. Peace is the consequence of forgiveness, God's removal of that which obscures His face and so breaks union with Him."
~Charles H. Brent

"Forgiveness is always free. But that doesn't mean that confession is always easy. Sometimes it's hard. Incredibly hard. It is painful to admit our sins and entrust ourselves to God's care."
~Erwin Lutzer

"God pardons like a mother, who kisses the offense into everlasting forgiveness."
~Henry Ward Beecher

"If we admit our sins ~ make a clean breast of them ~ he won't let us down; he'll be true to himself. He'll forgive our sins and purge us of all wrongdoing."
~1 John 1:9, The  Message

"O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help."
~Psalm 86:5

"As far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our sins from us."
~Psalm 103:12
     

No comments:

Post a Comment