Monday, January 7, 2013

ARE YOU HURTING?

"Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future."
~Robert Schuller

If you are hurting, this is for you ~

I wish I could make it all better. I wish I could take every ounce of pain you've endured and cast it away. I wish I could free you from unpleasant memories that haunt you. I wish I could break those chains that have you bound to unhealthy coping mechanisms and addictions. I wish I could pour light into the dark corners of your life.

If I could, I'd breathe new hope into you. I'd illuminate all the good qualities you possess, and help you see what a treasure you are. I would bring you a renewed passion and deep purpose in your life. I'd open your eyes to how radically loved you are ~ by God, family, and friends. I would lead you to the path of inner peace, radiant joy, and wholeness. I'd fill you with an unwaivering and unconditional love for God, for yourself, and for others. I would bless you beyond your wildest imagination, and make you an even bigger blessing to everyone around you than you already are.

But I'm human. The things I long to do, I can't. But I know the One who can. Nothing is impossible for Him. What's more, He has the same desires for you that I have. In fact, the good plans He has for you outshine anything I could ever dream or imagine. And the biggest miracle of all, He has plans to use for good all the painful stuff I wish I could delete.

So I entrust you into His care. And I wait for Him to work it all out on your behalf. Because I know Him to be FAITHFUL, and LOVING, and GOOD. While He does the work only He can do, there will be people and heavenly hosts on the sidelines, cheering you on. Because I believe that prayer moves mountains (I've seen it with my own eyes), I will cry out on your behalf. Until I see all I desire for you come pass.

"Leave the broken, irreversible past in God's hands, and step out into the invincible future with Him."
~Oswald Chambers

"Our God is at home with the rolling spheres, and at home with broken hearts."
~M. P. Ferguson

"Your most profound and intimate experiences of worship will likely be in your darkest days ~ when your heart is broken, when you feel abandoned, when you're out of options, when the pain is great ~ and you turn to God alone."
~Rick Warren

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
~Psalm 147:3

"If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath."
~Psalm 34:18, The Message

"Trust in the Lord. 
Have faith, do not despair.
Trust in the Lord."
~Psalm 27:14

"The Lord Himself will lead you and be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you, so do not lose courage or be afraid."
~Deuteronomy 31:8

Copyright 2013 by Julie Cowell. All rights reserved.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment