Wednesday, January 2, 2013

FAITHFUL IN ALL THINGS

"I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness."
~Mother Teresa

It just isn't New Year's without reflection and resolutions. My list of "usuals" seems to fall short. If there is anything I'd like to resolve to do this year, it is to be more faithful. Across the board. In every aspect of my life.

The truth is, I cannot accomplish this lofty goal in my own strength. If I want faithfulness to be a thread in me that weaves itself in all I say and do ~ in my relationships, my work, and my day to day living ~ I have to begin by running to the throne. To the One who is always faithful. If I cling to His faithful presence and nature, the impossible becomes possible. And the characteristic of faithfulness will become more and more evident in my life.

This is my prayer as I begin this new year. Lord, I want to be more faithful ~ in my time with You, and as Your representative. I want to be more faithful in my relationships, beginning at home. I pray I can bring more of this precious quality to my marriage ~ faithful to always take my husband's best interest to heart, and to act accordingly.

It's not just my marriage, Lord. Every role I fill ~ wife, mother, sister, friend, daughter, neighbor ~ I ask for more of Your faithfulness to flow through me. I fall so short. How glad I am to know I don't have to rely on my own strength.

My work and my ministries are really just an expression of what You've equipped me to do. Help me to remember this, Lord. It's not about me. It's about You and the people You place in my life.

I know each day is a gift. And lately, this head knowledge has found its way into my heart. However I spend it, I pray that each day will be lived mindful of Your presence, for Your glory, with a deep appreciation and keen awareness of how You want me to spend it.

There's one more thing, Lord. I pray for a more faithful spirit towards myself. Help me be faithful to take care of myself ~ physically, eating healthier and exercising regularly. Emotionally, putting old wounds and bad memories to rest. Mentally, keeping my mind sharp by learning, reading, and writing. And spiritually, putting the enemy in his place and exalting You to Your rightful place in my life.

This year will bring an abundance of change to my life. But you, Lord, never change. You are faithful and true. Please breathe more of Your faithfulness into me. Together we can make this the best year yet.

"Everyone talks about how loyal and faithful he is, but just try to find someone who really is!"
~Proverbs 20:6

"The word if the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in all He does."
~Psalm 33;4

"Whoever is faithful in small matters will be faithful in large ones."
~Luke 16:10

"Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies."
~Psalm 36:5

"He who calls you will do it, because He is faithful."
~1 Thessalonians 5:24

Copyright 2013 by Julie Cowell. All rights reserved.

        

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this first post of 2013 Julie - thank you! We've got similar aspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathleen! Blessings to you and yours for an amazing 2013.

    ReplyDelete