Monday, February 11, 2013

PUZZLE PIECES

"We live by believing and not by seeing."
~2 Corinthians 5:7

"Let's not look at the cover," my daughter suggested. "Let's do the entire puzzle without looking to see where the pieces belong."

Today I sit with pieces of my life before me. I don't know where they fit. I can't see how they will all come together, or the picture they will create when complete. Sure, there are parts that appear assembled. But I see God reaching in to even those sections and moving a piece I thought was settled. He sets that piece in a place that makes no sense to me in my limited vision. I scratch my head in confusion. It seemed to fit so well where I'd placed it.

But if I don't let God move the pieces to where they really belong, the picture won't come together. It'll be incomplete, and it won't possess the beauty it would have if I'd just let Him be God and put the pieces together, as He sees fit.

Pieces of a puzzle scattered on our table. Pieces of my life...my family...not taking shape the way I envisioned they would.

I can try to make the pieces fit myself. I can press them into the place I think they belong. I can create my own chaotic life picture.

Or I can relax. Let God build it one piece at a time. I can trust that He knows where each piece belongs. And I can have peace that the final product will not only come together, it will be beautiful. Even breathtaking.

Where does this piece go, Lord? How does this one fit? I can't wait for Him to show me.

"I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished."
~Philippians 1:6

"I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for."
~Jeremiah 29:11

"I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work." God's decree. "For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think beyond the way you think."
~Isaiah 55:8,9 The Message   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment