Friday, January 2, 2015

I AM RICH!

I felt poor. I know, in comparison to most of the world, I'm rich. But how I felt? Poor. Lacking. Deprived.

I hated feeling this way. I spent much of the day pondering ways I could generate income. Surely there was a job out there, one I would love that would provide a steady cash flow to wipe away the sense of lack I felt. The day ended in utter frustration and no direction towards employment.

Then it hit me. I have a roof over my head. And a cozy "nest" to  live in. I have a closet of clothes, and ample food in the cupboards. I am blessed with good health to enjoy life.

And people! I have a loving husband, such a good man. I have grown children and grandchildren who fill my heart to overflowing.  My husband and I still have parents, and mine live only feet away from our door. I am blessed with some of the dearest friends a girl could want. And there's our faithful dog, my sweet companion during the day.

I have purpose. I have dreams. I have interests I am passionate about. The list seemed endless.

Yet there remained this sense of lack. I still felt poor, less than, because our bank account wasn't what I thought it should be.

Then I realized. I have the fullness of God to whatever measure I desire. I can be as filled with Him as I desire. There is NO limit to His presence, His power, and His purpose and plans except what I put on them. If I can be completely filled, completely known by GOD, I realize. I AM RICH. Beyond measure. No amount of money can hold a candle to such wealth.

Walking closer to Him, my feelings of lack prove false. I am rich!

God's economy, it adds up to wealth that lasts forever. I can have Him to the fullest measure I desire. Rich beyond my wildest dreams.

I no longer feel so poor.

"I ASK THAT YOU'LL KNOW THE LOVE OF CHRIST THAT IS BEYOND KNOWLEDGE SO THAT YOU WILL BE FILLED ENTIRELY WITH THE FULLNESS OF GOD."
~Ephesians 3:19

"YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE GENEROSITY OF OUR MASTER, JESUS CHRIST.  RICH AS HE WAS, HE GAVE IT ALL AWAY FOR US -- IN ONE STROKE HE BECAME POOR AND WE BECAME RICH."
~2 Corinthians 8:9, The Message


Copyright 2015 by Julie Cowell.

No comments:

Post a Comment